Porter’s Office Products is an established and fast-growing company, searching for a New Business Developer in our Pocatello and surrounding area. Business hours are Monday through Friday—with no weekends! This immediate, full-time position is perfect for someone who enjoys interacting with others and their business. This is an outside sales position to obtain New Business accounts selling office supplies, furniture, and janitorial products. This is a great opportunity with a well-established company for someone who is a self-starter, energetic, and is looking for a sales career. Outside Sales experience is helpful but we are willing to train the right candidate.
Porter’s Office Products is an independent office solutions provider headquartered in Rexburg, ID. We are the fastest growing office products dealer in the region and have built our business on providing Blue Cow Service. Porter’s Office Products is a family owned business, working with businesses since 1915. Porter’s has been in the community for many years and has earned a great reputation. We excel in service that we give to our customers. Our main focus is providing solutions for our customers to better run their offices effectively and efficiently.
- Meet or exceed sales and gross profit goals by converting new accounts over to Porter’s in the geographical market assigned.
- Must be able to sell all product lines including Office Supplies, Furniture, and Janitorial.
- Sets priorities, creates goals and timetables to complete required tasks or projects. Tracks progress and makes necessary adjustments to efficiently complete work.
- Job Knowledge
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive criticism.
- Computer Skills
- Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers and programs to improve productivity.
- Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Prospecting/New Business
- Engages in routine prospecting for new business, keeps prospects moving through buying cycles, is able to close new accounts
- Customer Service and Follow Through
- Provides Blue Cow Service to both internal and external customer interactions, follows through on commitments, works to make every customer a Promoter
- Must be a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed.
- Required to maintain professionalism coupled with a consultative approach and be able to communicate with decision makers at the highest level of an organization.
Works territory and account list by calling on assigned accounts consistently and on a schedule of either weekly, bi-weekly or monthly
- Prospects to convert inactive or new accounts over to Porter’s through cold calling, networking, referrals, and other marketing efforts
- Becomes an expert and sells the full line of Porter’s offering including Office Supplies, Janitorial, Breakroom, and Furniture
- Is an ambassador of Blue Cow service and provide exceptional follow through to our customers
- Completes accurate order entry and order placement
- Updates Goldmine account information and log activity as directed by General Manager
- Attends sales meetings and other company sponsored training events as well as utilizes self-help product and sales training to work on continual personal improvement
- Achieves Sales and Gross Profit Goals as assigned by General Manager
- Other duties as assigned by management
Wage Depending on Experience
Must have own vehicle and cell phone.
Job Category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pocatello, Rexburg Area
Hiring Status: Always Accepting Applications