Meg here, and don’t you know it, the snow is melting away and we’re starting to see the very first signs of spring. Believe it or not, one of my favorite parts of the spring season is the chance to get a fresh start in my office. I love to clear away the clutter of winter and have a fresh, clean desk to go right along with the new season. To get you in the spirit of spring cleaning, I’ll let you in on my five secrets and essentials for office cleaning!
- Start Fresh- It’s hard to complete a full spring cleaning with half a mess on your desk. I always start my cleaning with a clear desk, tossing out the old coffee cups and papers that seem to pile up without warning.
- Disinfect the Desk- Say goodbye to all those winter germs! I love these Lysol Disinfecting Wipes for wiping down all my work surfaces. The container takes up no space at all in my desk drawer and they work so well. Grab some for your desk.
- Downsize the Clutter- Remember all that junk you cleared off your desk in the beginning? Time to tackle it! Take a good, hard look at everything and only keep the things you’ll need every day out in the open. Organize the rest in files and throw out the things that won’t be needed.
- Junk Drawer No More- You know the drawer I’m talking about! It’s got all your loose paper clips and pens that have a tiny bit of ink left in them. Well, spring is the best time to clear it all out. I have a few in-drawer organizers that really keep things in their place and I recommend finding an organization system that works for you.
- Bring Spring In- My favorite part of spring cleaning my desk is bringing in a little outdoor cheer to my space. Bring in a cute flower or plant to brighten up your desk. Whether it’s real or artificial, a little color will do wonders for your workspace!
These spring cleaning secrets and essentials will turn your wintery desk into a pretty spring space!
Until next time,