Keep your break rooms and kitchens in check by following some simple sanitary tips that will help you and your co-workers stay alive and kickin’!
1. Practice Good Personal Hygiene– Wash your hands regularly especially after using the bathroom and before using anything in the kitchen!
2. Eating at your desk– Get ride of food and drink traces so you don’t have any unwanted visitors! Also becareful with beverages around your computer and keyboard.
3. Storing dry foods– Keep foods such as coffee, tea, and snacks in containers, and wawya from heat and moisture. Do not store food in the same area as office supplies, chemicals, etc.
4. Keeping food in the refrigerator– Make sure the temperature in the fridge is cold and throw out food that is moldy or expired.
5. Keeping your kitchen area clean and safe– Clean counter tops and table daily with soap and water and turn off or unplug appliances at the end of each day.
Now that you’ve cleaned up your kitchen area- get cooking! Our Featured recipe in our Office Stuff flyer this month is Thai Salmon Salad. So go ahead make some for lunch and let us know what you think! Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/portersofficeproducts and give us some feedback!
Thai Salmon Salad
Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ready in 55 min
4 tablespoons fish sauce
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 Thai chilies , chopped
1 ½ pounds salmon fillet
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 head lettuce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees ). Prepare the dressing by combining the fish cause, lime juice, brown sugar, chopped chilies in a small bowl; set aside. Place the salmon fillet on a baking tray, and rub olive oil over. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until easily flaked. Let cool for at least 15 minutes. Place salmon fillet into a big bowl; use fork to break salmon meat into big chunks. Add onion, tomato, and basil; pour dressing over, and toss lightly until well mixed. Place mixture on lettuce leaves, and serve immediately.