Idaho® Potato and Grilled Chicken Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, peeled (if desired) and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled or broiled
- 3 large Belgian endive, sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, large stems removed
- 1/2 cup bottled raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1/2 pint container (1 cup) fresh raspberries
Optional: 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add cubed potatoes to boiling water; return to boiling and simmer 6 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain potatoes and set aside or refrigerate.
- Slice chicken into thin strips. Mix together washed greens (endive, romaine and watercress) and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix together vinaigrette, mustard and mint. Toss dressing mixture with grapes and chicken. Stir in potato cubes.
- To serve, arrange greens on a platter (or on individual dishes), top with salad mixture and garnish with raspberries and almonds.